What did I do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
I was reading the Sticky on up-grading to Leopard. My Macbook Pro came with Tiger. It also came with a Leopard disk which I've already installed. Not sure which I did though. I just inserted the disk and let it do it's thing. Is there a way to know what I did (up-grade or what) And is there a way to determine whether the disk I have is a full version or just an up-grade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I beleive the default option during instilation is an upgread. as i remember I think you have to actually specify and click a few options to tell it to do a compleatl new instilation

M

MacHeadCase

If you did an Archive and Install of Leopard, you will see a Previous System folder on your hard drive.

There won't be much difference between an Upgrade or an Erase and Install except if you look in the Preferences folder in your user account. If you did an Erase and Install, there won't be any junk in there. If you just patched over the upgrade, there'll be plenty of orphaned files.

Another place to look is in your Applications folder. If it isn't only the basic apps and the bundled software, you patched the upgrade over the existing Tiger install you had.

Am not sure what the Upgrade disk version looks like but usually a full install disk is black. A restore disk is grey.

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Thanks for the replies... The disk that came with my system is black and I've always had good results from full installs verses an up-grade I just hope at the time I had enough about me to do the right thing...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.