• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Should I complain to Apple?

Reaction score
I just purchased a new iMac. I'm calling it an early Christmas present. :D

I ordered it on black Friday. I paid extra for 2 day shipping. What can I say, I'm impatient when it comes to waiting on stuff.

Anyway, I got a shipment notification on the 27th. That means it should be arriving today, right? Not so fast! According to FedEx, there is a "shipping exception". As far as I know it's still in China. There has been no updates on the tracking information.

So, should I call Apple and see if they will reverse the shipping charge? Afterall, I PAID to have 2 day shipping and it looks like I won't be receiving my iMac today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
you can probably blame everyone else ordering for christmas, but it can't hurt to give them a call.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
Well if you paid extra for two day shipping, you should be getting exactly that. remember this quite often does not include weekends and this time may not actually include the time it takes them to actuall create your order.

give it a few days then give them a call, it cant hurt! I have complaind about things in the bast and I have got free stuff out of it:D

OP
Cherokee
Reaction score
I normally just let this stuff slide, but in this case I feel it may be justified. I got a SHIPPING CONFIRMATION (with tracking numbers and all) from Apple. In my mind, that means I should receive the item 2 days after the shipping confirmation. Afterall, that's what I paid for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I bought something off the internet once.... paid for 2 day shipping only to find out the product was back ordered... and they didnt' know when they'd have more..... well..... when you pay for 2 day shipping it should be 2 days.... I cancelled my order because I wanted it in 2 days.... not 2 or 3 weeks from the date I purchased.. afterall I PAID for the faster shipping...

OP
Cherokee
Reaction score
I'm willing to give them the 1-3 days for the order to be shipped. That's what was stated on the website.

But I should receive the item two days after the shipping confirmation was given to me. That sounds reasonable.

It's more the fault of FedEx as Apple did what they were supposed to do. Nonetheless, Apple counts of them to fulfill their end of the deal or their customers aren't happy.

I suppose I'll hold out until Friday. Patience is a virtue, right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
why not call fedex then?
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 4GB
I'd call Apple and complain. At the very least, they should lower your shipping rate from 2-day to their minimum charge. They should not have any issue with that, and their shipping clerks will undoubtedly want FedEx to refund them, so why shouldn't you get your share back?

OP
Cherokee
Reaction score
why not call fedex then?
-chris

I'll probably call them today and see what's up. I suppose it's possible that they could deliver it today. It's not very likely because they normally show scanning history on the tracking website. I have no scanning history at all.

Time will tell. My MacBook will be keeping my legs warm for a few more days, I guess.

OP
Cherokee
Reaction score
I'd call Apple and complain. At the very least, they should lower your shipping rate from 2-day to their minimum charge. They should not have any issue with that, and their shipping clerks will undoubtedly want FedEx to refund them, so why shouldn't you get your share back?

That's what I thought.

Standard shipping was free. Two day shipping was a $33.00 charge. Well worth it, IMO. :D

Reaction score
Give it til the end of the day and see if it shows up. I worked in the small parcel shipping industry for about 7 years. An exception usually means it missed the plane or cargo hold. FedEx is really good about getting things back on track.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sawtooth G4 and PB G4 w/FW800
Every time I see a FeEx "exception" these days it means they beat the tar out of the package and someone is trying to decide if they should deliver it or not.

Ironically, they do deliver it, then there is a new item shipped out the following day. 50-50 chance FedEx never even comes to pick up the damaged package.

Scott

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
This kind of reminds me of my UPS situation with my xbox 360. I still haven't received it yet, so I gave up since both Microsoft and UPS aren't willing to do anything about it. And since I've been crazy busy and don't have the patience to deal with those hard hats anymore, I just decided to get a new one.

OP
Cherokee
Reaction score
UPDATE: My tracking information has been updated. Sure enough, it's still in China. It says, "Package received after FedEx cutoff".

It's in transit, but won't be delivered until December 3rd.

My order from Apple clearly states it will be delivered by November 30th.

I think I have a good reason to get my shipping charge credited back to my account.

Reaction score
I got that same error when mine shipped. I'll be watching this thread. I bet it will deliver tomorrow. Where are you located? I am on east coast.

OP
Cherokee
Reaction score
I'm in Indiana. FedEx has one of its largest distribution centers in Indy. Odds are it will be landing there anyway. That may increase my chances.

I've had packages rescheduled for earlier ship dates when problems occur, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

If I don't see it by tomorrow evening, I'll give Apple a call.

I hate waiting for stuff! It's worse when it has an Apple logo on it. :D

OP
Cherokee
Reaction score
Great news for me! My iMac just arrived! :D

I give credit to FedEx for getting it to me after it was delayed.

It was in China yesterday. It stopped off in Alaska, then Indianapolis, then Kokomo where it was placed on a truck and delivered to me at my desk. All in less than 24 hours. Pretty good, huh?

The box isn't damaged, so hopefully all is well.

Nice job FedEx!

BTW: I checked with Apple and they WILL refund all of your shipping charges if your delivery isn't made within the time specified on your shipping confirmation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 Ghz 4GB RAM OS X 10.5.1
Thats good to know.

My iMac made those exact same stops, except for Kokomo. Hope you enjoy your machine!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.