• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Human Mind

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
HMUAN MNID - PHAOMNNEAL PWEOR

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg!
aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist
and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you
can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not
raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Amzanig huh?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That's something neat that has begun appearing around the internet. Interesting point

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
T

TylerMoney

wow. I hared aoubt taht the ohetr day, but I hdan't seen it utnil now. sewet!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
;) I love learning new psychology shiz... rman ive study stuff like this before, but never this particular one. Thanks for the insight.

Try this: Say the color, not the word, written. Example.. if it says blue and the color is purple.. say its purple. You will find it nearly impossible to say the list with any speed.
ORANGE
BLUE
PURPLE
GREEN
RED
YELLOW
PURPLE
ORANGE
GREEN
BLUE
ORANGE
RED

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I've seen this one before and I don't really have too much trouble with this one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
That colour thingy is easy!!

T

TylerMoney

I wouldn't say easy. It's not nearly as fast as if it were correct colour and word. And if you say different. You're probably floating your boat. It's not neccesarily difficult. ...but it's definently different.

Though, everytime you do it..it gets easier..your mind finds that pattern. Try different variations though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.