BSOD's on Vista under Boot Camp

Reaction score
I need serious help. I have a Macbook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ 15". The video card is an 8600 GT, if I am not mistaken. Anyways, I installed Vista with Boot Camp while it was still in beta for Tiger. It was near the end of Tiger's life, around 10.4.6 or later. Anyways I installed Leopard when it came out and did all the updates. But for the past few weeks I think, I have been getting BSOD's with Vista. I have absolutely no idea why, because it seems they are appearing at random times. Does anybody know why? And can anybody help me? If you need any specific questions answered that could help u help me, shoot. I am very good with computers (Macs and PC's) so I shouldn't have a problem answering them. Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help.

OP
S
Reaction score
Can anybody help me with this because I need my computer, especially the Vista portion for school. Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
BSODs are usually indicative of a hardware or driver issue. My guess is that if your machine isn't having a problem in OS X, it's probably an issue with the drivers you have installed in Vista under Boot Camp.

Have you tried popping in your Leopard DVD when running Vista and installing the updated drivers?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your right, I am not having problems with OS X. So your suggestion is to pop in the leopard disc and update the drivers through that? I will try that. I will let you guys know of the results. Thanks!

OP
S
Reaction score
Well, I tried putting in the Leopard Disc while running Vista like you said. However, the only option it gave me was to install it, but it is already installed. So what do you suggest?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Well, I tried putting in the Leopard Disc while running Vista like you said. However, the only option it gave me was to install it, but it is already installed. So what do you suggest?

Have you ever installed the updated drivers from the Leopard disc? If not, then install - it should update your existing drivers.

OP
S
Reaction score
Hey guys, I got an even bigger problem now. I took what you said CWA about putting the disk in Vista. Well I did it at school, and I had to cancel it midway. After that I had to restart and now I have problems. This was about a week ago. So I tried to do it again today and when I try to install it, it goes a little then says it cant find bootcamp.msi. I dont understand why. So I tried to figure it out and couldnt. So, I did a really stupid thing. I went back into Leopard and reinstalled it, but archived the previous to see if that could of helped. I didnt want to erase everything. So I lost 11.5 or so gigs of space. And it still didnt work. So now I am wondering, can I delete the archived version of leopard without messing anything else and how do I fix the Vista thing? Can I download the file anywhere?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.