Restoring from a back-up?

Reaction score
Hello, I did a clean install when I installed Leopard so I lost iLife 08. I called apple and I was told I would have to contact the store where I bought my imac. My friend recently purchases a laptop, can I make a backup of the application and restore it on my imac? The apple store wants me to make an appointment to bring in my imac and then they will see if they can reinstall it for me. I asked it's either a yes or no, I am not taking my imac and going to through all the trouble of packing it and for you to tell me no. So that is why I am asking if a backup of the application from another mac would work?

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Didn't you get two restore discs along with your Mac? iLife will generally be on the second disc. Even your friend's DVD will work but only it has to be the same model. Sometimes they are not compatible with each other

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep, the disks that came with your iMac will have iLife 08 on them if that's what came on your computer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.