Ram/HDD upgrades

Reaction score
I am probably going to buy a Macbook in the future.

I plan on getting the Black one standard.

My question is, how easy would future upgrades be?

I'm sure 1gb ram will be fine for now, but if i need to in the future, can i bring my macbook to my local apple store and have them upgrade it?

i can deal with 160gb HDD space, but in the future if i need it, can i bring it to apple and get them to copy my current HDD to a new bigger one?

I know apple has some of the best customer service, but is this within their boundaries?

OP
godfatherrr
Reaction score
Thank you VERY much for the quick response.

You answered all of my questions but one.

If i bring my macbook into my apple store and ask them to upgrade the harddrive, will they copy all my files/apps over aswell?

Reaction score
nope apple will not take your old hard drive and copy it onto a larger HD and replace the new HD into your old Macbook. Perhaps there are some technicians in your area which may do this for you.

It's actually possible to even do this yourself. All you would need is an enclosure for the second HD, and just use that as an external HD and back up your data there, then proceed to re-install leopard or tiger onto your new drive and use that as your primary while then taking your old 160GB and placing that into the enclosure, and bada bing you've got an external HD to use with Time Machine and all your old data is backed up and replaced onto your new HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.