New iMac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
I've just got my brand new iMac, and I love it. It's so pretty compared to my PC, and that was a custom built beast, so wasn't exactly ugly!

I do have 1 massive complaint though, it came with Tiger and an update DVD for Leopard. Excuse me! I'm sorry, I thought I'd just paid the best part of £1000 for a machine that is 'awesome, right out of the box'. Why should I spend an hour updating it, when it should have the latest software already on it? That's not very 'apple' in my opinion.

Anyway, I just have a couple of questions. Is there a terminal services client on OSX? I want to be able to log into PCs and potentially servers at work from my mac.

Also, I have restored my music from the iTunes backup I did on my PC, but it hasn't given me my playlists back. Is there any way I can port them over from my pc?

Cheers guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
I agree with you 100% on that point - my iMac came last week (after being ordered for 3 weeks!) and came installed with Tiger...sure enough, no big deal to do the upgrade but kind of disappointing to have to do it anyhow.

Like you though, I am very impressed with the machine and love it!:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Would you rather it came with a Leopard disc and Tiger installed, or wait 3-4 weeks while Apple updates all the back stock, and loads them with Leopard?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And also, you now have the disks and option for both OS's.
That's always a plus in my book.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
I've just got my brand new iMac, and I love it. It's so pretty compared to my PC, and that was a custom built beast, so wasn't exactly ugly!

I do have 1 massive complaint though, it came with Tiger and an update DVD for Leopard. Excuse me! I'm sorry, I thought I'd just paid the best part of £1000 for a machine that is 'awesome, right out of the box'. Why should I spend an hour updating it, when it should have the latest software already on it? That's not very 'apple' in my opinion.

Anyway, I just have a couple of questions. Is there a terminal services client on OSX? I want to be able to log into PCs and potentially servers at work from my mac.

Also, I have restored my music from the iTunes backup I did on my PC, but it hasn't given me my playlists back. Is there any way I can port them over from my pc?

Cheers guys!

We use Citrix at my work. I have a 15GB paritition with Vista installed to login to work.

Congrats on the new computer.

T

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac aluminium. 500GB, 4GB, 2Ghz and whatever else is in there...
just another quick question; what do I use instead of Microsoft Publisher on a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
Would you rather it came with a Leopard disc and Tiger installed, or wait 3-4 weeks while Apple updates all the back stock, and loads them with Leopard?
I did wait for 3 weeks before delivery! As said, no real big deal just a PITA for a new Mac.:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Is there a terminal services client on OSX?

Check in your Utilities folder for the Terminal application.

Sean

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.