Bit of a problem..

Reaction score
I am a recently new switcher and I have a macbook now. One of the things that i'm trying to figure out is I have a thumb drive that I keep alot of documents on and usally carry it from home , work and school. When I try ot use it on my macbook it will not allow me to sign into it useing the password. The pasword program runs under a .exe format and just keeps opening as a compression file.

Is there something I'm missing towards this?

Reaction score
what is the name of the program you use to password protect the drive?

Reaction score
Generally, the password protection programs do not play well in a cross-platform environment. The Windows .exe program will only launch on a Mac if you are running Parallels, or if you reboot with BootCamp.

OP
Dontais
Reaction score
Generally, the password protection programs do not play well in a cross-platform environment. The Windows .exe program will only launch on a Mac if you are running Parallels, or if you reboot with BootCamp.

That sucks alot, no way to run a .exe on a mac other wise :|

Side note its built into the drive Memorex Secure TD.exe

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A .exe will only run on windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
No, those specs are speaking of the drive itself, not the drive's software-based security. Flash-based memory will work on any computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Reformat it on the Mac.

Transfer your files to the Mac somehow...reformat it, and transfer them back onto the drive.

BTW...if you're concerned with security...you can create encrypted disk images that require a password to mount using the Disk Utility application.

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
dont got reformattig it until you have all your information securlely backed up in a place you know you can get it...

probably what the deal is that it is compatable with either osx, xp, vista, linux and not all of the above, but one at a time

the best way to keep info like that safe is password protected zip's

OP
Dontais
Reaction score
I figured a work around the password program encryped files don't appear on the mac because it cannot run the .exe. So I just copyied the folder outside the encryped section and it worked that way. Good enought for me its only school projects lol

*edit thanks anyway everyone*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.