Need help choosing a hard drive

Reaction score
I finally got all my photos together and it seems I have 110gigs of pics. I don't really want to store these all on my mpb. So it's time to buy an external hard drive. I don't really know much about them so I was hoping some of you guys could point me in the right direction. I'm looking to spend 150$ OR less. I'm looking for quality and storage capacity over speed.

Also is their a way to save the photos on the external and still be able to use iphoto as my main photo viewer?

Reaction score
THIS seems to be the deal for you bro. 500GB, good quality, very trusted name, only $90 bucks after rebate.

hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 8Gb Ram 1TB Fusion HD + MBP
Consider a Hard Drive Enclosure and purchase whatever size SATA Hdd you want. You can change the hdd and use as many as you want.

Reaction score
^^^Duane's idea is a really good one as well. it can be very cheap and you have the ability to switch out or upgrade the harddrive.

THIS is a perfect enclosure, affordable, with all the features (i assume) you need.

Browse www.newegg.com or let me know what size drive you want, and i will try to find one suitable for your price/needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.