Switching Conflicts?

Reaction score
Hello All! I am considering switching over, mainly because of interest of something new and because windows and vista seem to be moving in a downward direction, clearly not what anyone would expect from an upgrade. I find all the new things of leopard mind blowing, though i haven't really looked into previous OSX versions, so all the features implemented in those are still going to be new to me.

My main inquiry today is about things different with macs that i may have to get used to. I'm not particularly looking for things that mac has that windows doesn't, I'm after actions that might be done differently. (i.e.- obvious bottom key differences ctrl/alt/win and ctrl/cmd/option)--things of that nature.

--Thanks alot in advanced...

GF :Smirk:

Reaction score
I made the hardcore switch from PC to mac about two months ago at home, and completely ditched my PC at home. Figured that was the only way I was going to truly learn the mac. I support PC and M$ at work so I get my fix there. Made the change for what sounds like the same reasons you are thinking about making the change. Something new, and tired of Vista "upgrade" problems.

I'm a big keyboard guy with little use for the mouse once in the program I'm using and I've found that most keyboard short cuts cut over fairly similarly. Biggest change is holding command and apple key for most short cuts instead of windows or ctrl key. There are some commands like hitting the home key to jump to the beginning of the row that don't work and I'm still figuring out work arounds, but for the most part it's been a fun and exciting change over. And it's been a long time since I've been "excited" about working on any computer.

So far I've created books through iPhoto for Christmas gifts, and started learning all Apple products and have totally abandoned any aftermarket software including the Adobe line so I can get the full Apple experiment, therefore I can't say how good the other software cuts over but so far I've been happy with my mac switch.

Jason

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
Welcome, GF. I'm also a relatively new switcher and found the learning curve to be minimal. Personally, I found the biggest thing to get used to is the Menu bar. With a PC, the Menu bar is attached to the program window. However, with a Mac, the Menu bar is fixed at the top of the screen, and it changes depending on what program is selected. It took me a little bit to get used to this, but now it's second nature.

Hope that helps you out a bit.

Sean

OP
godfatherrr
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies, you both helped me very much.

Jskwarek- im pretty sure we are on the same page here, thanks for the help.

Chaunce-thanks a bunch ive known about this but ive never really thought about it. What is your view of it? better or worse? is it more useful?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.