Java Programming at School

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
TextMate is a commercial software but its great for editing. If you are willing to spend some time on the Terminal, try Vim for Emacs.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Truly all you need is a text editor and the terminal, but Eclipse will certainly make Java development quicker, and more enjoyable. You might (will) also want to download the Java API documentation to help you with development and further your Java understanding.

OP
P
Reaction score
Truly all you need is a text editor and the terminal, but Eclipse will certainly make Java development quicker, and more enjoyable. You might (will) also want to download the Java API documentation to help you with development and further your Java understanding.

Great, so, if you say that it works on terminal ( it's like DOS ), if i write on a text editor, save as .java, how can i compile and run on terminal for testing purpose ?

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Great, so, if you say that it works on terminal ( it's like DOS ), if i write on a text editor, save as .java, how can i compile and run on terminal for testing purpose ?

javac MyClass.java (to compile)

java MyClass (to execute)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I like Netbeans.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.