HD and Bootcamp disappeared

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
Hey guys, I have a few questions for you. First off and most importantly my HD has disappeared from the devices section in the finder although if i go to disk utility I can see it, but I can not repair disk although I can repair disk permissions, verify disk, and verify disk permissions. (side note, all my files are still there.)

I also can't seem to find boot camp in the Utilities folder, which is rather curious, I don't use boot camp and don't plan too but I would be comforted to know that it would be there for me to use if I want to use it, but nay I can't even find it in the spotlight!

So if someone could help me out that would be great

By the way I'm running leopard on a brand new MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well as far as the HD "disappearing" off your sidebar, that's likely because it was dragged off, accidentally or otherwise. It's an easy fix though. Just open a Finder window and go "backwards" to the initial folder that's named after your computer (you may have to customize your toolbar to add the "Path" icon to get to it). You'll see a list of the attached drives in the window... just drag your HD to the sidebar. Be careful of how you drag it... if you drop it on another device, it'll just put a shortcut to that drive on that device instead.

As for the Boot Camp app... well apps don't just disappear for no reason. If it's not where it's supposed to be and can't be found, then likely "someone" deleted it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.