connecting a mixer

Reaction score
ok i have a alto amx-120 ... 12 channel mixer, it has a ctrl room output, and 2 track in/out(RCA) and main mix output i think the ctrl room and main mix, are the 5/8 connectors? same ones you use for a guitar or bass, is this able to connect to my computer(mac g4) and record great sound? if so what interface controller would you recommend to connect this mixer and also a synthesizer im going to get in the near future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Something like a presonus firepod, Motu 828 MKII, M-audio Mbox, etc...

A fire wire interface that has multiple inputs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
why not pci?

If you want to spend that money, then go ahead. They get expensive. For something like protools, you have to buy the card and then an interface. I think they start at about $2500 for the card.

Reaction score
dang, something happened it turned out to be a dead link....try this one will this work, i am assuming i would go from the control room out to the line in? or would it be the insert? then just plug my midi devices IE: sythesizer/keyboard where the midi in is?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.