Aqua, here I come.

E

Eyenovation

Just bought a new Dual 1.42 GHz w/ 1 GB of RAM.
Oh yeah!!!
:)

No more Windows. NO more Bill.
A couple of questions:

1. If I back up my stuff of my PC box, (I am an artist, so we're talking PSD, EPS, etc.), will OSX be able to read the folders?

2. Anyone know anything about dual displays in Mac?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I can't answer the dual display question...I only have an iBook at present, but I can confirm that the Mac will be able to read those folders. I think what you'll find is that the Mac can read just about anything from a PC....it just doesn't work the other way around alot of times...

BTW, welcome to the board!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Supposedly a Mac will read from most filesystems. So you will not have a problem with that. Dual monitors should be just as easy as plugging them in, and maybe changing a setting to let OS X know it's there. It might even autodetect it :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
i think a more fitting title would have been "Brushed Metal here i come"

welcome to the Mac community!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well, those files WILL show up on your computer.. you just may not beable to view them.. though i believe .PSD is a extension ive seen before..

congrats either way :D
[edit]
o and the displays, they are very easily set up, its like having a desktop twice as large, wonderful for photoshop. apples site has more info.
[/edit]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
PSD is Photoshop

OP
H

hokiethang

Eyenovation said:
1. If I back up my stuff of my PC box, (I am an artist, so we're talking PSD, EPS, etc.), will OSX be able to read the folders?

yes, i actually run a windows 2003 server and a redhat 9 server in my home for file storage. Using samba to connect to win2k3 works great, as well as using nfs through os x to connect to the redhat 9 server. It depends on the file types but they should work well on both pc and mac.

Congrats on the mac purchase, btw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.