just got macbook what to do?

Reaction score
ok i have a 2.2 black macbook..i love it..this is my frist laptop/mac..
got some questions?

were do i go and delete bootcamp what setting do i need to go because i install it but it wanted me to install the windows cd witch i did not have so how do i remove it so i can get that 35gb space back im not sure if it was install because it was on my destop and i put it in the trash but when i boot it came back...im lost theres so much info in this for me im a noob not familar with this..

also is it normal after a while using the macbook on the internet the rainbow icon/curso spins for a while like it doing something why dose it do that?

and were do i go and do routine clean up like cookies chace history cant seem to find it ...

sorry if i ask too much..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I believe you can use the bootcamp assistant to remove the windows partition and then thnings shold fine and when you have the cd you can start the whole process again.

Reaction score
If you can't find Bootcamp assistant it's in Applications/Utilities/Bootcamp assistant. Just open it and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall the windows partition.

To delete history in Safari just click on History in the menu bar and choose 'Clear history' from the drop down menu (It's the very last option on the list).

To remove cookies click on Safari on the menu bar, choose 'Preferences' from the drop down menu, click on the tab 'Security', click the button 'Show cookies' and you can then choose to delete all cookies or individual cookies.

A good maintenance tip is to repair disk permissions regularly, which helps to keep your Mac running smoothly. It is good practice to do this every couple of weeks or so and especially before and after installing any software or updates. To do this go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility. Once you have opened Disk Utility select the icon for your hard drive from the left hand column and then click on the button 'Repair Disk Permissions'. This only takes a few minutes and usually irons out any quirky behaviour that you may be experiencing.

Although I have given you the locations for Bootcamp Assistant etc., a quicker way to locate any application (Or file for that matter) is to simply click on 'Spotlight'. This is the looking glass shaped icon on the extreme top right of your screen. Click on this and start to type the name of the item that you wish to locate and it will automatically start to list everything that is relevant to what you type.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.