• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Who's going shopping on "Black Friday"? (US Only)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Are you? What are you looking to buy?

I'm not, but enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Hafta work....... :(

Reaction score
I may get something off Apple's website they are having a black friday sale... but idk?

T

todd51

Last year I waited in line for the Nintendo Wii and got one. This year though I don't think there is anything I really want. The only thing that would benefit me would just buying small stuff that I use for cheap prices such as blank DVDs or CDs. My mom is getting up to go shopping but I'm not.

What I really might buy in the near future if I get enough money is a decent brown leather jacket to wear around whenever I go out. I have a really nice black one, but I only use it for dressier occasions. I want one to just wear out with friends to the local bars and everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
My mom and I are going. We don't buy much but we just enjoy being in the madness haha! :)

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to save $$$ buying Christmas gifts I hate dealing with the crowds and standing in line even more. I stay home on Black Friday!

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My mom and I are going. We don't buy much but we just enjoy being in the madness haha! :)

It is a great time to people watch. Especially women....;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" Matte 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
My crazy girlfriend is getting up at 4AM, but I'm going to wait until at least 8AM, so that I can buy some stuff for our apartment. Blender, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
I'm getting up at 6:30AM, to go to work. Not going anywhere near any stores tomorrow.

T

todd51

My cousins are getting up around 3 because they are driving out of town to go shopping.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Going with some friends to look for a Flat Panel monitor for his wife. Probably leave around 6:30 AM.

Reaction score
I did most of my shopping last night, online.

From CircuitCity.com I got a Sharp Aquios LC46D64U 46" 1080p HDTV for $1299. I will pick it up tomorrow after 12noon.

From MacMall.com my wife got a Macbook for $974 and I got an 8GB iPod Touch for $269 (no sales tax).

From Frys.com I got a Samsung 19" LCD HDTV for $199.

Tomorrow I'm finally going to buy a PS3 at Fry's. They are giving away 5 BlueRay disks with it. Then you can order an additional 5 from Sony for free. They are also throwing in the PS3 remote control (worth about $15)

If you guys are planning to go to BestBuy, CompUSA, or CircuitCity, you need to make sure the items you want are still in stock. These and other sites started their online sales last night and offered in store pickup on the items. So if you were thinking of getting that Aquios I mentioned, forget it. They are already sold out nationwide.

Just go to the store website and check to see if the product is available for in store pickup. It if is, then you're ok.

BTW, some items were not made available online. For example, at CircuitCity they are offering a Toshiba laptop for $299. This laptop was not made available at the online sale, so the stores will still have them. Best Buy has a Sony Viao for $399 (minimum 15 in stock at each store) that too was not available for the online sale.

Don't go stand in line if it wastes your time. Otherwise, good luck and be safe..

T

todd51

I did most of my shopping last night, online.

From CircuitCity.com I got a Sharp Aquios LC46D64U 46" 1080p HDTV for $1299. I will pick it up tomorrow after 12noon.

From MacMall.com my wife got a Macbook for $974 and I got an 8GB iPod Touch for $269 (no sales tax).

From Frys.com I got a Samsung 19" LCD HDTV for $199.

Tomorrow I'm finally going to buy a PS3 at Fry's. They are giving away 5 BlueRay disks with it. Then you can order an additional 5 from Sony for free. They are also throwing in the PS3 remote control (worth about $15)

If you guys are planning to go to BestBuy, CompUSA, or CircuitCity, you need to make sure the items you want are still in stock. These and other sites started their online sales last night and offered in store pickup on the items. So if you were thinking of getting that Aquios I mentioned, forget it. They are already sold out nationwide.

Just go to the store website and check to see if the product is available for in store pickup. It if is, then you're ok.

BTW, some items were not made available online. For example, at CircuitCity they are offering a Toshiba laptop for $299. This laptop was not made available at the online sale, so the stores will still have them. Best Buy has a Sony Viao for $399 (minimum 15 in stock at each store) that too was not available for the online sale.

Don't go stand in line if it wastes your time. Otherwise, good luck and be safe..

Wow, when I hear things like this I wish I was out of college and had a REAL job so that I could buy nice things for myself. Man i would LOVE a HDTV that's that big.

Reaction score
Wow, when I hear things like this I wish I was out of college and had a REAL job so that I could buy nice things for myself. Man i would LOVE a HDTV that's that big.

Just stay where you are (in school) an be patient. I'm 36 now and just started making the kind of salary that I feel my skills and experience justify. Hard work, drive, and doing a **** good job will eventually get you what you want.

Oh, and don't go into debt doing it. I put all my purchases on my credit card but I'll be paying everything off at the end of the month. I've been down that debt road and I'll never do it again...

T

todd51

Just stay where you are (in school) an be patient. I'm 36 now and just started making the kind of salary that I feel my skills and experience justify. Hard work, drive, and doing a **** good job will eventually get you what you want.

Oh, and don't go into debt doing it. I put all my purchases on my credit card but I'll be paying everything off at the end of the month. I've been down that debt road and I'll never do it again...

Yea, I'm just getting to the point where I'm within a year of graduating, so I'm feeling the pressures of trying to find a job. I hardly EVER use my credit card. The other week was the first time I used it in months, and that wasto buy Guitar Hero 3, and I just paid it off tonight. I'm lucky enough to have parents paying for my college education so I won't have any debt there either.

Reaction score
Yea, I'm just getting to the point where I'm within a year of graduating, so I'm feeling the pressures of trying to find a job. I hardly EVER use my credit card. The other week was the first time I used it in months, and that wasto buy Guitar Hero 3, and I just paid it off tonight. I'm lucky enough to have parents paying for my college education so I won't have any debt there either.

Good man...

Not to hijack this thread, but what are you majoring in?

Reaction score
According to this:
Outside the U.S., check your country's Apple Store: Canada's retail and online Apple Stores are having the Black Friday event as well.
If true, it means Apple won't be ripping off Canadians quite as much, at least for one day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I'll be working tomorrow. I need to get up at 5:30AM and be at the office around 7:00. (It's just after 11PM here.) Oh, I guess I *will* shop a bit and be one of the really early ones. I'll stop at Starbucks to get a coffee on the way to the office. -_^

At lunch time I could shop if I was so demented. There are a couple of malls nearby, and there's a large Borders too. More likely if I go out at lunch it will be for a walk. I have no desire to fight the crowds.

Reaction score
I am not opposed to going shopping tomorrow. Just can't think of anything that I want.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.