Reinstalling Win XP & Parallels

Reaction score
Hey all, thanks for answering my "Bloody Virus" questions. I thought it best to ask in a new thread so I might get an answer sooner - I'm a new Mac user and not too swift with the OS yet - How do I wipe the old XP, & reinstall . Do I need to wipe Parallels too? I appreciate your help, & I have searched for the answer. I thought this would be a common problem but I cant find direction. I have installed & messed with so many AV SW that I finally screwed up Windows entirely. Dubliner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
You can just trash your Win XP virtual machine folder...I think it resides in a Parallels folder inside your home folder. Then you can just start from scratch and install Windows again.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - I finally figured out how to do it - for someone in the same predicament, I wasted a lot of time "trying" to fix it, so save your stuff often, strip XP and start over. & as others have said , dont go "outside" on the XP VM, EVER! Thanks all for your help - Dubliner

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.