• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Conveting HD H.264 1080p videos so i can play them?

Reaction score
Hi i have a powerbook g4 but it doesnt have enough balls to play any 1080p trailers or movies and i have quite a bit of them that i wish worked.

Is there a converter out there that could possibly convert it to a different file format?

at the same time i would want to loose as little quality as possible.

thanks

Jakub

*and i have searched but people only talked about how G4s cant deal with 1080p but found no resolutions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You could try iSquint. It will convert them to a format that an iPod can play so your G4 should deal with them nicely. You may lose some quality, but that's life.

Oh, it's free too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac
For something with more options than iSquint, you can try Visual Hub (made by the same people actually). Visual Hub is not free but it's cheap as chips (around $20 USD). I use Visual Hub (on suggestion of another forum member) and I love it. I can convert anything (as far as I know) into formats for my Touch, PSP, all sorts.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Also Quicktime Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I'd like to know out of curiosity where you are getting 1080p trailers from.

Anyway, why waste time converting when you could try playing a lower resolution such as 720p or 420p? The advantage is that company supplying the trailer will have done a proper job with the convertion already. Well you would hope so.

OP
K
Reaction score
I'd like to know out of curiosity where you are getting 1080p trailers from.

Anyway, why waste time converting when you could try playing a lower resolution such as 720p or 420p? The advantage is that company supplying the trailer will have done a proper job with the convertion already. Well you would hope so.

I use the best Bit Torrent client known to man. Azureus. its Java based and really nice looking. The main page always has tons of trails, short films, music vids, and demos. AND ITS FREE!

its heavy on the computer but i dont usually download while im working on it... try it out you`ll like it. lots of preference options too.

I guess your right about the 720p and 420p kinda newb so i figured maybei could get a 1080p converted to still be better than 720p.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.