@mac.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
How do I get a @mac.com email address i can use for iChat?

Do you have to pay for iChat or a .mac address?

Do any of you actually bother ever using iChat? It seems that hardly anyone has it and people just use msn.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
check at mac.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
How do I get a @mac.com email address i can use for iChat?

Do you have to pay for iChat or a .mac address?

Do any of you actually bother ever using iChat? It seems that hardly anyone has it and people just use msn.

I have never liked/care for MSN Messenger. I typically use Adium X but when I just want to be on AIM, I use iChat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I believe you have to pay for the.mac address. Van

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
No, you don't have to pay for a .Mac account. Just do the 30-Day Free Trial and you'll be able to use the address for chatting as long as you want. The 30 days only refers to the use of the actual email.

I'm with Mattlike when it comes to using Adium. And.. I don't like MSN.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
when you guys say you use AIM do you actually use AOL's own email or do you log in with the @mac address you guys still have from the 30 day trial?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
You can use AOL's AIM, you can use iChat, you can use Adium.. You use the email address that you create from that trial on any of them and are able to chat.

Personally, I use my .Mac account for work and close friends. I also have an AOL screen name for other people.

Remember, you can use the .Mac email address for chatting long after the 30-day trial. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have a .Mac account but it has nothing to do with iChat. If fact I don't even use my .Mac e-mail account (I use .Mac for syncing between my Quad and iBook). I do use iChat for AIM as AIM's OSX client is really bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.