New to mac - question

Reaction score
Using Itunes, I generally play music on speakers that are connected via network. Is there a way to use this feature using the remote control application that comes with mac? (I can't remember what its called... the program that comes up when you use your remote control). Is there a way to tell it to play on the networked speakers like in Itunes?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 20"!! WOOH YEAH!! 2gb ram - 250gb hd 2.16ghz core 2 duo
you mean FrontRow (with the apple remote), Someone correct me if i'm wrong but im sure FrontRow uses iTunes to play music, so i'm guessing it should use the same settings?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
With Tiger (10.4.x), Front Row was a direct extension of whatever iTunes was doing...if you were listening to a song in iTunes, and activated Front Row, it immediately showed you an option for the 'Now Playing' screen of whatever you were listening to.

Now, in Leopard (10.5.x), if you are listening to a song in iTunes and activate Front Row, that song actually stops playing and you have to choose over again what to listen to (or watch).

I'm not sure whether this means Front Row just resets whatever iTunes is doing when it is invoked, or if the Leopard version of Front Row has it's OWN audio engine that is simply accessing the iTunes library file to find your music and other media.

If it's the latter, you may be out of luck as far as streaming audio from Front Row over your Air Tunes speakers via Airport Express. However, if Front Row in Leopard is simply resetting iTunes, your music should begin to stream through Air Tunes as soon as you start playing it through Front Row, provided you have the Air Tunes setting turned on in iTunes preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.