Quick iMovie question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Is it possible to make a photo slideshow in iMovie that only uses portions of the screen- i.e. a "photo collage" instead of one HUGE photo on the screen? I'm designing a slide show to be projected on a rather large wall, and really need to have multiple photos up at once with music playing in the background. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Probably totally the *wrong* way to do this on a mac, but this is something I've done before ... here's a quick one I just whipped up for this post:

picture_2-20071121-143421.jpg

I didn't use iPhoto, just opened 6 individual pics using Preview and lined them up and took a screenshot. Used the Command+Shift+4 screenshot method.

I know it's far from perfect but this is the only way my brain functions when I need to achieve something I don't regularly do ...

Reaction score
Can you not just create the slide show in keynote or powerpoint?

I think there may even be a tool to convert a presentation file to a video if it has to be a video.

OP
sevenhelmet
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I guess I could use Powerpoint, might as well learn how to use it sometime.

Reaction score
It is easy and will let you do a lot with the images. Depending on how many pictures you have, it could get a little confusing to make sure you don't put images up there twice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.