Which mac am I?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
My aunt has a macbook pro and after checking my myspace and setting up her iphone i fell in love with the os and minimalist(esque) feel and appearance of it.
I am being activated for the air force on the first of jan. and will be doing traveling and whatnot for uncle sam abroad.

what do you reccomend for me? i need a notebook ie- macbook or (want->)pro to keep me sane and in touch. I do alot of blog surfing, tech research, and internet lurking ;D . I would use it ALOT for music-creating like fruity loops (i dont know mac equivalent) and editing music, iphone stuff, p2p sharing if mac supports it (idk im clueless) , and emailing and chatting with folks back home. Its an open budget because i got a signing bonus but i also dont want money wasted in unused performance. I do play games like civilization and c&c on occasion but nothing big.

so what do you guys think? which book and set up do you reccomend?

your advice and understanding for a pc user will be greatly appreciated :)

(first thread)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Well if you get a Macbook non pro you should add 2gigs of RAM you'll be thank ful in the long run.

For Great RAM prices visit crucial.com, never buy from apple cause in my opinion they charge more than needed.

-Hal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
Forgot to say welcome, just noticed sorry.

Reaction score
Looks like you are all set, then. There's not much you mentioned, if anything, that you won't continue to do once you buy your mac. As far as Fruity Loops goes, I don't know if they have a Mac version, but all new macs come complete with a suite of apps, one of which is GarageBand.

I don't use FL so I can't compare the two, but I have used a scaled down version of Logic called MicroLogic Fun, Cubase SX and on my iMac, I'm currently using GarageBand and you know what ... it suits me right down to the ground. So I guess it totally depends of what you expect from your music software.

As mentioned above, go for as much RAM as you can. Otherwise, enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
If money isn't a huge problem just go for the Pro, trust me it's worth it. :)

X2

I started off with a macbook after lusting for a pro....guess what i now have... ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
P2P is no problem on OS X by the way. Try Azureus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.4GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB hard drive, OS X 10.5.1
Being activated, as in your already a reservist, or leaving for basic training?

The simple answer is buy the best one you can afford.

OP
I Can Has Mac!
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Iphone 8gig, inherited powerbook (beer+mac=power-brick)
by activated I meant basic training then six years of active duty. dude apple gives military discounts I just found out woot! and I guess ill go pro with it I mean I don't want to be dissappointed with what I get. thanks for the help guys your all helpful. another question though I heard you could up the ram to 8 gigs is this true? I mean you can never have enough ram lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.4, wife: iPad 16gb & iphone 3Gs, me: Macbook 2.6 & iphone 3Gs
Yeah they give us the same as students 6%, but we dont get to buy student software, gutted

Oh and good luck with basic, always be cheerful, and dont let em grind you down

Reaction score
If money isn't a huge problem just go for the Pro, trust me it's worth it. :)

Here here

I bought my iMac on 1st October.......

Received it two weeks later - within a week hated my Dell so much I hummed and harred and eneded up getting a macbook black. Upgraded to 2GB RAM.

Ook

Then Other half decided tonight he wanted a mac book pro - so I ordered one as well anyway - which is what I wanted a month ago.

I should have just got what I wanted first off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.