I am a convert......finally!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
After many years of using a PC..... I am finally dumping it and joining the good guys! My macbook pro is on the way and I should have it by Wednesday! I'm pumped! Can anyone recommend a good book or two on the Mac OS (Leopard)? I'm a little familiar with the Mac OS, but still need to brush up on my skills!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
welcome to the forums, and hope you enjoy it as much as i do, people here are wonderful

Reaction score
welcome in the forums...
on the book thing though...I actually doubt that you will need one to tell you the truth...OS X is so easy to use that only by playing around for a while you'll just learn all the necessary stuff...
there are some cool sites on leopard that I visit occasionally

easyleopard.com
leopardtricks.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
welcome i have a macbook pro and i love it.

congrats. Welcome to the good side :D

Reaction score
Welcome to Mac and this forum! I agree - you will find the switch much easier then you think. There are lots of very good threads in this forum regarding hints for Mac, etc that should help you immensely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
welcome to the forum and the mac side of computing!

As for needing a book, i would say dont bother. most things are easy to understand and you will learn the little tricks you can do as you go allong. If you still need help there is always here and google.

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Welcome. Yeah, you can learn as you go along, but you would be best served by learning the basics as quickly as you can. A book wouldn't be that bad of an idea: I've heard a lot of people recommend "The Missing Manual" series (there's one for Leopard) by David Pogue. At the very least (maybe first), read through the sticky threads at the top of the Switchers forum...that info is a good primer and can save you some pain in the future.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.