Shipping from China??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
So here I am, anxiously awaiting my new iMac, which I ordered through the Apple store through my company. The website said "ships withing 24hrs," which everything except the iMac did. I added iWork so it took an extra day for that to be installed, no biggie. It also said, "3-5 business day delivery".

Anyway, I ran all of my tracking numbers and everything except the computer shipped from California. I checked this morning and the iMac said it was picked up in Shanghai, CN :Grimmace: Somehow I don't see myself having fun the day after Thanksgiving while everyone else is out fighting over a Wii.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Reaction score
I ship items back and forth to Shanghai all the time. 2 days door to door to Shanghai from Dallas. ordered my iMac and it too drop shipped from China, 4 days but I got caught up in the Moon Festival Holidays. My sister in-law got hers in two days. Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jason

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
Well you were right. Its here

Now I just have to figure everything out and get switched over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
F

Fallooza

I can't decide which is worse:

1) You live in Wisconsin.

2) You didn't know where Shanghai was.

at the time i just didnt want ta believe it was China. i thought for sure it was a different Shanghai. like Paris, Texas. beer and cheese, whats not ta like about WI?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
my Macbook pro shipped form Shanghai. I assume they have factories out there.

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
Yeah I was quite surprised. Funny how it left China early morning on the 20th and arrived in Alaska on the 19th. Then tracking said it would be here black Friday and I was fine with that, then a knock at the door and there was my new best friend from Fed ex standing there.
Now I just have to figure out how to import everything across from the PC. So far everything has worked except setting up my hotmail (yeah I still have one of those). But none of my messages came over from gmail or my isp mail. I suppose I'll have to network the PC and Mac.
I haven't installed iWork, which was supposed to be pre-installed, but I did install Leopard without any problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.