Trading in my Macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (white), 2 GHz, 2 GB Memory, 120 GB, Superdrive, 10.4.10.
So I've decided that I'm gonna trade in my Macbook and get a Mac Mini with the RAM upgraded to 2 GBs. This was my first laptop and I'm not too much of a fan. The OS and everything is great, I'm just not too fond of the 13" screen.

That brings me to my question: can anyone recommend a good monitor to plug it up to? I'm looking for a 20" or larger. I saw an HP 20" at Walmart that looked nice but didn't write down the model number or anything. Are there any brands that I should look for or stay away from? What monitors have you used that you've been happy with? Thanks for any help or insight into this.

Reaction score
Dell UltraSharp and NEC make some excellent monitors, i personally hook my macbook up to a 27" LG HD TV which works excellently.

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy an external monitor and hook your Macbook to it? You could even run dual screens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
ViewSonic VX2235wm 22-inch, i run this at home. the speakers are a little weak but other than that i love the monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2Ghz C2D 4GB RAM 120GB HDD
Keep the Macbook, buy the little $15 adapter and get a monitor to hook it up to. I'd suggest a 22" widescreen. The Samsung 226BW is $320 from Amazon and has good reviews.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.