Does importing songs affect anything while importing albums?

Reaction score
Just wondering. If you're importing a bunch of albums all at once, one after another. Is it alright if the music from the previous album is playing while importing? Will having those songs playing mess up the currently importing songs?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I don't believe so. I've always left my computer alone though when I was importing a CD.

It may take longer than usual though.

OP
I
Reaction score
Well yeah, I would have all my other apps closed. It's just, you know how when it's done importing it automatically starts to play the album? That's why...Unless you can turn that off somehow?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well yeah, I would have all my other apps closed. It's just, you know how when it's done importing it automatically starts to play the album? That's why...Unless you can turn that off somehow?

Yeah you can turn that off if you wish.

Go to your preferences and click on the advanced "tab" (if thats what you can call it). Click on the importing tab and and un-tick the "play songs while importing or converting),

Reaction score
There's an option to play the currently imported songs as you import them, so if that's not checked then I can't see why you can't play what you want.

Conversely, if that pref was ticked, the previous album would stop playing and the imported album would start playing ...

OP
I
Reaction score
Alright, but otherwise, importing songs while osngs are playing won't affect anything will it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
I
Reaction score
Does anyone leave that box ticked? Or do you guys turn it off usually? What do you think is better?

Reaction score
I personally prefer to listen to the songs as they're imported, but I think that's purely psychological ... sort of so I know the process is really taking place, y'know.

Either way, you can't go wrong ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
I've played previously imported songs, songs as they are being imported and other songs from the album being imported. No problems at at except the latter does take longer with a great deal of disk activity as you would expect. I've also hit he pause button to stop the playing (importing continues) and just switched of the speaker. Thats about all angle covered I think.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.