• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

McCartney "pretty sure" The Beatles will go digital next year

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPhone & div.
eBay? HMV 5. quid each

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
eBay? HMV 5. quid each

I feel the same way. I don't understand what the big point is when you can just go on ebay and get the entire used collection for probably less than what you would pay at iTunes, not to mention be able to rip it at better quality.

Crazy fanboys :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
Who are The Beatles?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i-mac dual-core 2.16Ghz 24inch, Macbook 2.4Ghz alu, 27" iMac Core 2 Duo 3.06Ghz
No the Who aren't the Beatles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
He's got to make back those million he lost from the divorce some how...
Don't get me wrong, I love the Beatles but I'd rather have hard copies to rip myself.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Digital schmidgital. I wish I had one of these. Apparently one sold for $999 in 2002.

Are Beatles 78 RPMs hard to come by? The "Beatles 78 RPM" google search you performed intrigues me but I don't understand what you mean.
33's are easy to come by. I have most of their albums on 33's. I saw what was possibly Lennon's driver's copy of the White Album sold for like 10G on eBay a few months ago. It was a low # like 10 or something.

Reaction score
Are Beatles 78 RPMs hard to come by? . . . but I don't understand what you mean.
The Beatles on 78 RPM records, 14 years after the advent of LPs and 45s is very weird. They have to be the rarest of the rare, an anachronism — as though the latest rap star's recordings are released on Edison cylinders or a 2008 BMW having vacuum wipers and a hand crank.

It's hard to imagine playing — and hearing — She Loves You, on a wind-up Victrola, perfectly feasible with a Beatles 78.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Beatles on 78 RPM records, 14 years after the advent of LPs and 45s is very weird. They have to be the rarest of the rare, an anachronism — as though the latest rap star's recordings are released on Edison cylinders or a 2008 BMW having vacuum wipers and a hand crank.

It's hard to imagine playing — and hearing — She Loves You, on a wind-up Victrola, perfectly feasible with a Beatles 78.

Gotcha. I needed a history lesson. Being only 25, I wasn't sure what you meant.
That would be a pretty good find. I couldn't purchase anything without having the ability to use it. I am not much of a collector. All of the vinyl I've purchased I listen to. It is nice to say I have a super clean copy of Sgt. Pepper with NO scuffing on the disc itself but I like popping in and cranking it while relaxing on my bed. It also reminds me to greatful for the invention of the CD (no getting up flipping the disc when I'm relaxed.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
I would kill for some "Hunters and Collectors". Found Pete Townshend's "Empty Glass" this weekend, pretty happy bout that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz, 4GB 1067 MHz running Snow Leopard
The only reason I would want the Beatles on iTunes would be for the Album artwork. I already have almost all of their stuff, just not the artwork. It's boring just seeing a music note on the touch whenever their song comes up.

(Writing this I noticed that Safari is telling me "beatles" is spelled wrong. Strange, since a lot of big pop culture words have since been added to program dictionaries.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.