New here and to the MAC world

Reaction score
Hello and thank you for having me here.
I have been a PC owner for many years. In the past 6 years I have learned how to do a number of things which I use all the time. This is as a hobby by the way not my job. I teach during the day. I make my own stationery and add music to it and send it off to my inspirational group via Google. I have Incredimail on my computer which I use every single day. I create in PSP (Paint Shop Pro); I use Poser 7 and Vue 6 Infinite. I have just decided that I would really like to change and purchase the newest MAC computer. I know nobody that has one but have just heard so much good about them. My youngest daughter has been begging me to get one for her and I said no it's for ME. LOL
She is so much into computers and did a power point presentation on a PC about MAC's LOL. She LOVES them.
My dilemma now is that I would be lost without my Incredimail and my PSP. Can you create stationery as I do and put music to them in your emails? How do you create graphics in a MAC? Silly questions but for someone who is new to this I know absolutely nothing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Marcella
:*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 2.4G 320G HD OS Snow Leopard. Win7 on Dell PC Inspiron i5 8g Ram 1TB HD
I too like Incredimail, but unfortunately it doesn't work on a Mac.Probably will work if Parallell and windows are installed on the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I like the new stationary in Leopard's mail... and I just purchased and downloaded the Stationary pack ... me likes! As far as music goes... I don't care for music on websites unless its from youtube or other video related website... so I can't fathom hearing music in emails.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
Hi Marcella:)

I'm new to this forum too and am interested in getting an iMac after using windows for 13 years or so. I also use Paint Shop Pro and I learnt how to use this program via a msn group and by myself. Apple don't seem to support Paint Shop Pro so you would have to switch over to Adobe Photoshop CS 3. I would need to do the same thing and learn how to use it. I actually tried Photoshop CS 3 on my windows pc and it's very similar to paint shop pro but I don't yet know how to install plugin effects into photoshop, like you can on pspro.

This is one thing that scare's me is switching from Paint Shop Pro to Adobe Photoshop. Some things I would have to learn.

There are other graphic programs but not as good or similar to paint shop pro.

I create in PSP (Paint Shop Pro) How do you create graphics in a MAC? Silly questions but for someone who is new to this I know absolutely nothing. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
Marcella
:*

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi KiwiJenn,
I have taken courses for Photoshop but since I loved PSP so much I kept going back to it. I don't think you can use tubes in photoshop. As far as adding music to my emails it's because I send to my "inspirational" group. They do like the music and it makes the emails more relaxing. Like I said I have to really think about all this. Thanks for your replies.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
There's a program that's a little less intimidating called Photoshop Elements and is much cheaper... might wanna give that program a try?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.