• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Some early Holiday Cheer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
So my wife at I were at local supermarket doing our monthly grocery shopping. In addition we were also doing our Thanksgiving grocery shopping as well. We were in line at the check out with our two carts and as we are unloading I am watching the total mount. $200, $300, $400, $450, $500, $525, $550..... when the stores district manager taps me on the shoulder. She introduced herself and told me the following story:

It seemed that someone in my area had come by the store early this morning and spoke with the store manager. This individual then made a donation to the store for a large sum of money to be given to customers throughout the day to help bring them some Holiday cheer as they purchased groceries. The donation was made anonymously with no name attached and the person wanted the money to spread out over the day. She still had $90 and some change left and since we had a large, and still growing bill, she inquired if we were interested. Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth we said yes. Between the $90 and the stored club card program my bill went from $551 to $349. Not a bad deal.

While I am not an overly spiritual person, this struck me as some sort of good karma. I guess the point of this post is to say thanks to the Universe for this small gesture of random kindness. I hope I have earned it and will do my best to pass it on. I hope the person who made the original gift to the store has a wonderful holiday season too.

It's nice to see the good side of humanity on a personal level every so often.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
baggs I do not know how much of a religious/spiritual person you are, but, although I know I commit my sins on a daily basis (drinking alcohol heavily, swearing, being greedy, stealing (even no one in the record business realizes I steal from them, I know its wrong, anyway), I believe I am a good person and all other people like me deserve what they have coming... and obviously you had something good coming. thats great on your part and even better on the person that gave the gift. I congratulate both of you!!

I hope everyone has such a great holiday season!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
baggs I do not know how much of a religious/spiritual person you are, but, although I know I commit my sins on a daily basis (drinking alcohol heavily, swearing, being greedy, stealing (even no one in the record business realizes I steal from them, I know its wrong, anyway), I believe I am a good person and all other people like me deserve what they have coming... and obviously you had something good coming. thats great on your part and even better on the person that gave the gift. I congratulate both of you!!

I hope everyone has such a great holiday season!
Yes you do and you'll get it. If you drink heavily and steal, you're a drunk and a thief. Believe what you want, but that doesn't make you a good person.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
Yes you do and you'll get it. If you drink heavily and steal, you're a drunk and a thief. Believe what you want, but that doesn't make you a good person.

ok... drinking heavily does not bring anything down on me, besides ending my life early... and yes i steal, although I cannot get into that becuase of forum rules... if that comes down on me then thats fine. It will probably happen someday and I will be the last to deny it. Anyway, to not start arguments in a great thread.

Happy holidays to everyone.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Congrats Baggss! Sounds like it was your time to get a blessing. Good deal!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Wow...its nice to see an optimistic baggs! But don't make it a habit. I need you to bring me back to reality at least once a week :p

That is an amazing story. It makes me happy :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Yes, back to the topic, great news baggss!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
Very heartwarming. Thank you for sharing. :)

OP
baggss
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I learned a long time ago, when I was younger, that what comes around goes around. Those 5 little words got me through probably the worst 2.5 years of my life. In the end, it proved to be true and my life got much better.

For the past 12 years, every Thanksgiving week I've been making home made Pumpkin pies and giving them to my friends, neighbors and business associates. No charge, just a free gift from me as a token of friendship and of holiday cheer. The most I ever gave out was 85 pies and this year I am on track for about 50. I have a pumpkin baking in the oven right now and will start making pies tomorrow (Sunday). Many people I know, even the ones who have been on the receiving end for years, don't quite get why I do this and I'm not sure I do either. It's something I enjoy and maybe it's my little way of giving back something to a world that has given me so much. The story I posted above simply reinforced the feelings I have long held and those 5 little words.

It's funny that cheesy found it odd that I was optimistic. I generally am a very optimistic person in real life, I always have been. I have come to realize that sometimes life just starts to wear you down when things happen and if you're not careful other may think you are pessimistic or a grouch.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Wow Baggss...what a great story!

And I thought my $150.00 at the grocery store was a lot :)

Reaction score
Baggss thanks for sharing that story with us. I also like the "pie" story - it shows what a great person you (quietly) are. It also explains why you were the one that was "tapped on the shoulder." What goes around..........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Wow, that's great baggss! There was something similar in my hometown a few years ago. The story goes that there was an anonymous person at our local Shopko (It's a department store kinda like Wal-Mart), and he deposited several solid gold coins into one of those charity buckets with the guy who rings the bell. Nobody knows who it was, but the newspapers were buzzing about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
as you said what goes around comes around so you obviously deserved it baggss. awesome story

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.