Wireless internet access

Reaction score
What is the background on the iMacs Wireless Internet access?

Do they have a built in wireless card or something?

I very much want to switch to an iMac, but I really need it to have wireless capabilities as far as my 802.11g wireless goes.

How does mac do with compatibility?

Help me out guys, I really want a new iMac!

Reaction score
According to the following page:

- http://www.apple.com/imac/specs.html

It says they have built in wireless. Airport is just the name for their wireless adapter that built in.

"Built-in AirPort Extreme wireless networking (802.11n)"

I believe that the N network adapter is compatible with g networks as well. However i'm not 100 percent on that.

During business hours, you go to the apple website they have sales support that can answer this for you. You can also call the applestore and they can answer this for you as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
I don't think they make any computers WITHOUT airport (wireless) built in. It works very well too. My Macbook just connects to any available network with no problems or hangups any time. I have a Mini, which is the same way.

I recently took a road trip with my parents to help them move out of state and we spent a few days in hotels. My Stepdad's PC (XP) gave him constant grief when trying to connect to the hotels' wireless networks. The Macbook was up and connected 30 seconds from hitting the power button, while he'd fool around for 15 minutes trying to connect. Very user friendly.

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
All new Mac's have wireless networkcards (called Airport) 802.11 b/g/n.

OP
P
Reaction score
I called the apple store and they say it will be fully compatible, I'm definitely on the market for a new iMac now.

I can't wait to get one now! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.