No Agfa drivers will work for OSX Tiger?

Reaction score
Just got my new iMac, came with Tiger which was a surprise as I bought it before Tiger was to be installed on new machnes.

Anyway, I've got Photoshop CS3 but I want to use my old Snapscan e25 scanner but I cannot find any software fr it anywhere. I don't use a scanner a lot but at the same time I don't want to buy a new one.

Has anyone any clues what to do? Apparently Agfa don't do scanners anymore and will not be providing drivers.

Also, where can I get some OCR software for a 10.5?

Thanks for all this, spent ages on line last night looking around and downloaded a dmg.sit file about four times that had a Word icon and wouldn't unstuff...

M

MacHeadCase

Welcome to Mac-Forums, buzzeditor.

I am on Tiger 10.4.11 and my old Agfa Snapscan e52 scanner works perfectly.

They had updated the driver a couple of years ago and it still works a-ok for me. I found the driver using Google.

If somehow that driver you find does not work with your scanner model (I doubt it, the driver is, I think for all low-end scanner models) you might look into VueScan.

It isn't free but it beats buying a new scanner... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.