• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Bad times

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
I dont want to sound like im moaning but i'll probably do a good job of it. After weeks of solid university work, revision, essays, programming etc my MBP decided to stop working after the 10.4.11 update didnt install properly. Im in my final year and i really dont need this right now :Shouting: Two of my flatmates have Macs and i swear they treat them like crap - installing everything that comes along without a second thought, clogging their hard drives up with downloaded music and naughty videos, never running any form of maintainence tasks or cleaning thingys. Im the exact opposite and take care of my Mac the best i possibly can. Im practically an obsessive compulsive when it comes to stuff like this!

Yet it's MY Mac that breaks! Where's the fairness in that i ask you?! Now i have to have it sent away for repairs (which will no doubt take an age). I swear someone up there doesn't like me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 GHz 2GB + iPod shuffle
It is sad to hear... in my opinion that's just the irony of life. I've seen bad things happen to ppl who really take care of them self (or other things). Life just sucks sometimes :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If Karma has anything to say about it, when their 40 both of their houses will burn down while yours remains blissfully ok.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
that sucks man, maybe you can take your hard drive to a place that can recover the files, or use one of your friends mac to firewire to your hd on you mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.