• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Airports.. Not the computer kind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
I'm standing at the San Jose International Airport waiting to board a flight to Arizona. I don't mind the flying... In fact, I enjoy it! But the airport and the people here... I mind. I usually fly Southwest and they've recently (within the last 2 months since I've flown) changed to not only boarding by A, B, and C but now they implemented a new numbers system to go along with their letters. If I could take a pic from my phone and load it, I would. This is insane and stupid IMO.

Anyways... Felt like ranting. It gave me something to do for a few minutes!

Oh yeah... And did I mention I'm in group C, #21? That's no good!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
So much for the days of the mad stampede to get the "good" seats....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Yeah, I don't think I'm gonna be flying anytime soon. I wouldn't want to have to deal with the crap in the airport.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I fly a lot and don't mind airports much. You just have to give yourself the proper amount of time and know how the system works. I am use to it though. Being a high level frequent flyer member and flying in first class always helps though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Yeah. Numbers-and-letters boarding at least makes some sense, since it prevents a rush.

Still, it gets a little silly when its...

1. Special needs and families with small children.
2. Platinum Super Elite Power Medallion Extreme members
2. Gold Ultra Medallion Pro members
3. Silver Medallion members
4. Lead Medallion members
6. Carbon Medallion members
7. People in rows 1-2.
8. People in rows 3-5.
9. Okay, everybody in rows 6-75, your turn. Please don't shove.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
My god I'm going to be overrun on Tuesday, flying from Newport News, VA to Atlanta, GA (slowest airport to busiest airport).

OP
iLindzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP w/Intel Core 2 Duo w/Lion, MBA w/Lion, 80GB iPod Video, 32GB iPhone 4, Two 32GB iPads
See, I wouldnt mind the numbers except since I waited until the last minute to get my boarding pass... We got sucky seats. There were maybe 5 people behind us in line to get on the plane. So.. My seat was right out of a movie -- VERY last row, middle seat with a guy on either side of me.. Not much room in between 'em. The only reason I didn't like the seat was because of this creepy guy on my left.. The other guy was hella nice and reminded me of the guy's in my family. He had similar interests too because he was coming down here for a car show and boat races. (I'm down here for the Goodyear car show and PINKS All Out live!)

I wish, with flights lacking assigned seating, people would be more considerate and not leave the middle seats. I realize that no one likes it, but we all have to deal with things we don't like. And eventually... We'll all have to take the middle. It's just a matter of when. Haha.

in the end, I know its my fault that I got the seat I did, but really ... Who wants to admit when they're to blame. Heh.

As for flying First Class... Southwest doesn't know the meaning of those words.

OP
iLindzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah. Numbers-and-letters boarding at least makes some sense, since it prevents a rush.

Still, it gets a little silly when its...

1. Special needs and families with small children.
2. Platinum Super Elite Power Medallion Extreme members
2. Gold Ultra Medallion Pro members
3. Silver Medallion members
4. Lead Medallion members
6. Carbon Medallion members
7. People in rows 1-2.
8. People in rows 3-5.
9. Okay, everybody in rows 6-75, your turn. Please don't shove.

BTW... This made me laugh so hard! It's so true!! I told my brother I'd break his leg next time so we could get on first. =)

He didn't mind the idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2 GHz PowerPC GH, 512MB RAM, 150GB HD
Southwest has assigned seating now? Gosh, I need to get out more.

Last time I flew, I flew Southwest with the seating rush. It wasn't too bad, but trying to get through customs afterwards was like waiting in the line for free money: long, endless, and boring.

Good luck to anyone flying.

OP
iLindzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Southwest has assigned seating now? Gosh, I need to get out more.

Last time I flew, I flew Southwest with the seating rush. It wasn't too bad, but trying to get through customs afterwards was like waiting in the line for free money: long, endless, and boring.

Good luck to anyone flying.

They don't have assigned seating, but along with the A, B, and C groups... They have number groups. The numbers help determine who gets on the plane instead of the "mad dash" to be the first in your group. Just make sure to get your boarding passes as soon as you can. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Pinks All Out Live? When will that be on TV? I love Pinks, but don't watch it regularly. I always get too mad at the people making the deals and the guys that are obviously holding back and trying to play it off.

OP
iLindzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pinks All Out Live? When will that be on TV? I love Pinks, but don't watch it regularly. I always get too mad at the people making the deals and the guys that are obviously holding back and trying to play it off.

I'm not sure when it's going to air. I think they'll tell us tomorrow... If they do, I'll post an update.

Sadly, I only get to watch the show when I'm out here because we don't have Speed channel yet, where I live. Hopefully, we'll get it soon.

AND!! I know what you mean about those stingy guy's. Last night, this one guy wouldn't go above $200, so they didn't even do a bet. And it was like.. Top 4. Chicken! ;)

OP
iLindzo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
UPDATE: Pinks All Out!!

So, I got to see the 2nd time runs by all the cars and then some jet cars (AWESOME)!

Waited there to find out that the 16 cars that were to race were all running' 12.5s! We were pretty upset about that. Fastest car out of 'em was an 8.21. He won $500, so that was good. It was fun to see the cars run and see all the drunk people trying to convince us they would be fine to drive later.;)

Overall, it was a good experience. The show isn't scheduled to air until the beginning of season 5 -- so not 'til March or April. =/

Anyways.. Goin' home tomorrow, so I'm happy!

Reaction score
UPDATE: Pinks All Out!!

So, I got to see the 2nd time runs by all the cars and then some jet cars (AWESOME)!

Waited there to find out that the 16 cars that were to race were all running' 12.5s! We were pretty upset about that. Fastest car out of 'em was an 8.21. He won $500, so that was good. It was fun to see the cars run and see all the drunk people trying to convince us they would be fine to drive later.;)

Overall, it was a good experience. The show isn't scheduled to air until the beginning of season 5 -- so not 'til March or April. =/

Anyways.. Goin' home tomorrow, so I'm happy!
Dude thats horrible....I run about that stock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Glad I fly airtran, you pick your seat ahead of time, I got exit door seats closest to the door, gotta have my legroom.

Reaction score
i always fly with cheaper airlines so they still use the traditional "stampede" system but thats unlucky man

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.