How to burn data CD?

Reaction score
Hi,
I need to know how to burn a data cd on the macbook? What do I do? Also, while I'm asking, how do I burn a dvd from a .avi or .mp4 file? Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM. Also; Intel Macbook 2Ghz, Intel MacMini 1.83Ghz
Hi,
I need to know how to burn a data cd on the macbook? What do I do? Also, while I'm asking, how do I burn a dvd from a .avi or .mp4 file? Thanks so much.

Two applications that you need. Toast Titanium is the best burning utility, its a £cost application but well worth every penny.

Ripping DVDs I recommend the application Handbrake v0.9 - its free and provides pre-set formats for rippin DVDs for use on iPod/iPhone as well as other formats.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Intel 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM. Also; Intel Macbook 2Ghz, Intel MacMini 1.83Ghz
Hi,

Sorry, I did no answer the opening question. If you go to Finder and select the files that you wish to put on CD you can select "Burn....." from the File menu when Finder is active. You can select multiple files, or entire folders, once selected you are prompted to insert a blank CD. You don't need any additional software to do this. Hope this helps - its still worth investing in Toast though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.