Safari's problems with flash or quicktime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I can't see some pict or animations on my safari.... the only thing I see is a small Broken quicktime logo. By the way, I unistalled block ad and everythings that look like.... somebody have an ideal?
B.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
Is it a Quicktime file that you are trying to view?

It could be that it isn't a Quicktime file but something is set that makes Quicktime thinks that it is. Maybe a Quicktime MIME setting???

Another reason that you can get a broken image is if QuickTime isn't installed. Since you have it installed maybe Safari can't find it. Try reinstalling Quicktime and repairing permissions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
safari has major issues with flash. try it in mozilla/firefox/IE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
That surprises me! I watch many flash movies on Newgrounds on Safari with never a worry

B

BlackOpSniper

well....personaly i like safari,but if you have some problems,you can go to www.microsoft.com/mac/ and download internet explorer!or if you can't veiw wmp. files also download window media player for mac! :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Macs come with the Mac IE, in finder > applications

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
bellastrada said:
I can't see some pict or animations on my safari.... the only thing I see is a small Broken quicktime logo. By the way, I unistalled block ad and everythings that look like.... somebody have an ideal?
B.

If it's definitely a flash movie your trying to view and if the site is well scripted site; it would automatically check you have the correct version of the required plug-in, if not it'll download it from macromedia before the movie loads. Sound like your trying to open a AVI or Mpg file but your missing some codec or something.

Strider said:
safari has major issues with flash. try it in mozilla/firefox/IE

It's not Safari that's you should be blaming. There are a number of things or features that the Mac version of Flash plug-in doesn't support, mainly those scripts that require chromawindows. Currently it's only supported on Internet Explorer, it's because the script uses some Microsoft technology (i.e. Direct X & Active X) to achieve a desired effect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
hype.it said:
It's not Safari that's you should be blaming.

Currently it's only supported on Internet Explorer.

Thats precisely I'm advising to stay away from Safari when checking out these flash files...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Again, your blaming safari. I reiterate, it's not safari's problem. You could, infact run any other Mac based browser and still encounter the same problem. Because there is NO ActiveX or DirectX on the Mac. Period.

This is what happens when so called professional but really are "amateur" web designers/coder's use platform dependent code and resources. They cut corners and lose traffic.

Idoits, I tell you.

However, i have a nice script... Kicks out PC user's, causes IE to crash. It's not an error, it's intentional. It's in the section labeled "for Mac" :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.