Looking for the 3/4 sd card reader

Reaction score
I'm having trouble finding these online. Could someone point me in the right direction. I'd like to find them used or at least cheap. My local mac shop is selling them for 40$. uggh a bit rich for me.

Reaction score
3/4ths SD???

Do you mean MINI SD?

If so, just get a MiniSD adapter and use a regular SD card reader. The adapter should only cost a few bucks. Many MiniSD cards come with an adapter to begin with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
and u dont have to get them from apple shops..my card reader has the same size of a avarage flash disk,and it is for windows..who cares my mac runs it better than windows..:D

OP
D
Reaction score
What I'm looking for is the card reader that fits into the slot on the left side of the mbp. Thats the one they are selling for 40$ I'm looking for the one that actually goes into the slot. Not one that plugs into the usb.

Reaction score
Ok, now you're making more sense.

That is called an Express Card slot. It is the replacement for PCMCIA.

Express card slots are not exclusive to Macs. Dell puts them in all their systems now. The only think you need to be aware of is that you need an Express Card 32 (32 stands for 32mm wide) Many PC's use Express Card 54...

The card at the Apple store is not the only one available. Here's one from NewEgg.com for only $20.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820162017&Tpk=express+card+SD+reader

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.