New Forum?

P

PinkPhishDoors

Can we get a new forum dedicated to other OS(MAC OS isn't the only one you know?) like Yellow Dog etc.... there is really no other place to put these :(

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
"Anything Goes"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I think for now as Absolute Zero said, Anything Goes is the most appropriate. I know there are other operating systems out there, but this is a Mac forum after all ;)

If we notice enough traffic on the subject however, of course we might consider adding a forum, but at this point, it's just not justified.

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

:(, but when you say it's a "MAC" forum you aren't really saying it in OS terms, you may be saying it in hardware terms, therefore... never mind, not worth the battle, i suppose anything does will work out fine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I believe that he meant that since Macs can run Linux as well, there should be a forum dedicated to it.

IMO, I don't think that is a good idea, since (this is a guesstimate) about 99.8 % of the people here, use the Mac OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I too support the use of anything goes, since only Yellow Dog Linux runs on Mac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can discuss it in the Anything goes and if there is a large enough support of it and enough threads then we can try a other OS forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
whoops... did someone open a can of worms?
have a nice lunch...:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.