How do I set up an FTP?

Z

zero2hero

I need to set up an FTP on my mac (OSX) so repro houses can download large PDF files from it. However I'm connected to the internet through a ADSL router (Origo 8400) with a built in Firewall. There doesn't seem to be any management software for the router (or is there a piece of generic management software?). This is all very new to me (ftp's) and I could do with nice easy steps on how to achieve such a feat!

:)

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Well, some call me a god, others call me a miracle, i just call myself a googler

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Yes, people underestimate the power of Google... :D

Anarkhy, just a little thought: Don't you think your sig is a "little" oversized??
I mean, there's more text in your sig than in your post ;)
Not that I don't like it, just less sometimes is more...

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

yeah your right i am either gonna not use it with every post or change it

OP
Z

zero2hero

Seems pretty straight forward so I'll give it a whirl tonight.

A big fat thank you!

OP
V

vuschejan

I need to do this with my mac but im the only mac user in the house, how do i do this with windows as well?

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

Do what? if you want to create multiple ftp servers just open 2 ports, try googling it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
On Windows you have to find an FTP app. My favorite for Windows was(repeat WAS, since now I use Macs) CoffeeCup Free FTP

OP
F

flonejek

I'd suggest filezilla for windows (its opensource, you know how I am), theres another piece of freeware out there written by some gay guy, but I can't remember its name... (its really quite good, and uber-easy to setup)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.