PC to Mac Networking Issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
Hi!
I just got my laptop and cant get it to connect to my mac. The laptop has Vista on it (I know, I know). I go into sharing in mac and turn on windows sharing and then on vista when I try to connect to my mac it says my name/password is incorrect. Even though I know it's not as I am getting it right from the sharing menu on my mac. I searched mac-forums and tried a few others ideas bit to no avail. Like running secpol.msc. All that did was tell me that it couldn't be found... I have searched on the net and here and not sure what I am doing wrong. I can share my itunes library but not files and stuff.

Thanks for all your help,
mac0s9user

Not sure if this would be a networking question or a Windows question as thats where the problem lies.Sorry to any moderators :)

Reaction score
What about your Mac, can it find your Windows share/s? I don't usually bother connecting from my PC to my iMac as it's way easier to connect Mac ~> PC .... another thing I do is drop stuff in the shared folder on my PC then go back to my iMac and just drag it over to my Desktop ... hope this helps mac0s9user.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Gateway2000 P5-60. 66Mhz and 128 MB RAM.
I got it working. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.