TextEdit trouble?

Reaction score
I'm writing a report and I decided to use text edit. I planned of saving the edit as a .doc file but once I added a picture a screen came up that said the page would now be a rtfd document. I still planned of changing it to a .doc in the end. But when I got to save as .doc was not listed as an option. So I just saved it, and tried to mail it to my pc so I could print it. Well everytime I tried to attach the file, I would get this error.

Safari can’t open the page “http://attach.re2.mail.yahoo.com/us...m/Attachments?YY=23352&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes”. The error was: “POSIX error: Is a directory” (NSPOSIXErrorDomain:21) Please choose Report Bug to Apple from the Safari menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.

Then I tired to send the document through gmail and I couldn't even seem to attach the file.

Anyone have a clue as to what is going on?

Also. How can I have text wrap around a photo? I'd like to insert a small thumbnail in the middle of the paragraph.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
RTFD files are Mac OS X packages; they can't be attached to an email (unless you zip them) and they can't be opened on PCs anyway.

Best bet for printing that on a PC is to save it as a PDF. (File > Print and then PDF > Save as PDF)

And I kinda doubt TextEdit has any image wrapping features. I may be wrong, but I'd think that would be a job for a more serious application.

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, What would be the use of an RTFD file if it cannot be emailed and only seen by Macs.

Also what format would you save a text document in, if you wanted to include pics and have it be editable on a pc?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.