• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

G5s are Out!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Apple will not let us down. Now I have to find some cash. :)

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I went to the Apple Store and chose the custom build mode, maxed out everything and added a 23 inch display - total > 10,000 USD.

I didn't buy it though. ;)

They hit the streets here in the UK in august so I'll just have to wait a bit, hopefully by then they will ship with 10.3 installed.

Of course my plans to buy a PowerBook have taken a back seat. ;)

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There is a story at MacRumors today where Apple is very adamant that they will be maintaining the G4 in the powerbook for "some time". They're committed to Motorola and the G4 for now. I think it may be awhile before we see that. I wonder though how long it will be before a G5 iMac?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
If the G4 is going to be around for a while. Then you may not see a G5 in an iMac no time soon. I think we will see the G5 in the Xserver sooner thou.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rman said:
If the G4 is going to be around for a while. Then you may not see a G5 in an iMac no time soon. I think we will see the G5 in the Xserver sooner thou.
Oh agree about the xServe since the 970 is essentially a server chip anyway. I bet by end of year for that one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Amen-Moses said:
I went to the Apple Store and chose the custom build mode, maxed out everything and added a 23 inch display - total > 10,000 USD.

I didn't buy it though. ;)

They hit the streets here in the UK in august so I'll just have to wait a bit, hopefully by then they will ship with 10.3 installed.

Of course my plans to buy a PowerBook have taken a back seat. ;)

Amen-Moses
The G5 ships in the US also in August, but they won't ship with 10.3. They'll ship with 10.2.7 with an upgrade priced (no sure exactly yet) ability to goto 10.3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.