.dmg not recognized!!please help me out..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
hey guys..i've recently upgraded to leopard..when i was on tiger i have bought iLife08 and iWork 08..
well i went to one of apple stores here actually where i got there of the applications and my mbp,i've got them installed leopard on my mbp but i had forgotten my iLife dvd at home so i told them that it was at home(i brought it home on our holiday my home is 800km away from my school and i am staying at a dormitory)and i want it installed,they said since i paid for ilife and they remember it,it was ok for me to use the copy of ilife which is being used on the computers at the store that are being exhibitioned..well i came to my dorm and tried to install it but computer says dmg file cant be opened because it is not recognised..
what should i do?how can i solve this problem(btw i am sure the file is not corrupted cuz i saw them installing it on a mb at the store)
thanx..
(i posted the thread here because i still dont know much about macs,it's just been two months since i got my mbp..)
(i wrote the whole story cuz if i havent it would sound like i would have downloaded it illegally from somewhere and since this kind of threads arent allowed..)

OP
shadyboi
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Unibody MBP, 2.8ghz, 500gig, 4gig
c'mon people pls help me out :(:(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does your OSX open any other DMG files? Try downloading something if you don't have one to try. If so maybe the DMG is corrupt. If other DMG's will not open then it's an OS (Possibly a Disk Utility) issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.