Deleting Account from Log On Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20 inch 2.0Ghz
I know how to add an account but how do you delete an account from the log in screen?

Reaction score
Do you want to remove and account from the Mac or just Hide one from the Login Screen?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 20 inch 2.0Ghz
Spawn__Dooley;526794 said:
Do you want to remove and account from the Mac or just Hide one from the Login Screen?

Thanks for quick response.
Actually, I'd like to know how to accomplish both.

Reaction score
Well if you have Admin Rights you just delete the account in:

System Prefs ~> Accounts.

There is a + & - sign at the bottom of the left column near Login Items. You'll need to unlock the Padlock first.

If you're deleting an account you will have a few options. You can preserve the files or just delete the whole lot in one go. If you preserve stuff you can access it at:

MacintoshHD ~> Users ~> Deleted Accounts.

Regarding the hiding of a user at the login screen, are you aware that you can have your account set up to be logged into immediately upon startup?

This is possible though as you can imagine for security reasons I wouldn't really advise it as any Dom, Hick or Tarry can get at your stuff.

If you want I can look around to see if it's possible to hide an account from a login screen ... it may be possible but I don't know at this point.

Do you have Leopard or Tiger? It probably matters as not all programs/apps are compatible with Leopard yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.