Help

dog

Reaction score
Someone please help. I am a recent Mac convert from windows. However one thing consistently has irritated me with my mac. When I click on a video link, Safari (and Firefox for that matter) play the video within in the browser! this is annoying because the viewing size of the video can't be changed and it is typically very small. How do I change this such that I can play video from the net with any application outside of the browser?

Reaction score
Someone please help. I am a recent Mac convert from windows. However one thing consistently has irritated me with my mac. When I click on a video link, Safari (and Firefox for that matter) play the video within in the browser! this is annoying because the viewing size of the video can't be changed and it is typically very small. How do I change this such that I can play video from the net with any application outside of the browser?

Since when did Windows allow you to do that?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
It depends on the video but Videos that play in the Flip4Mac plugin can be set to play in an external Quicktime Window. It's in the Flip4Mac settings in System Preferences. It's on the first set up tab called Browser.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.