Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
I actually have two questions... In Leopard...

1) Does it matter if the battery stays in place while I'm using my macbook with regular current?

2) How do you add folders in Mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2003 17" Powerbook G4 1ghz, 1GB ram, 60GB hdd.
My battery is almost exactly a year old, it runs my 17" Powerbook for like 3 hours when I'm surfing the net and stuff. This being said, my powerbook is plugged in almost all the time with the battery in it. This isn't a problem as long as it gets run down from a full charge at least once a month. I prefer to do it once a week if not more. But here's a link from apple explaining about notebook batteries.

http://www.apple.com/batteries/notebooks.html

Best of luck.

Oh, and no idea about mail. I have gmail and prefer to just use that and set iGoogle as my homepage so I can see my new mail everytime I open my browser.

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the response... I've also found a pretty good string on mail so maybe I'll get that straighten out too..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
at the bottom of the window in mail on the left hand side is a + sign and arrow and a gear. if you click the "+" sign it gives you a pop-up menu. click "new mailbox" and set it to "on my mac". you can than set rules to the folder if you want under mail>preferences

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mail Folders

at the bottom of the window in mail on the left hand side is a + sign and arrow and a gear. if you click the "+" sign it gives you a pop-up menu. click "new mailbox" and set it to "on my mac". you can than set rules to the folder if you want under mail>preferences

Thanks a lot... That's a big help...

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The only reason I asked about the battery is one of the Geek Squad guys at BB told me (When I had an HP laptop) not leave it installed all the time. His quote "what ever you do... Don't leave the battery installed if your using it a lot with it plugged in". I guess they've had some trouble with batteries building memory's...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The only reason I asked about the battery is one of the Geek Squad guys at BB told me (When I had an HP laptop) not leave it installed all the time. His quote "what ever you do... Don't leave the battery installed if your using it a lot with it plugged in". I guess they've had some trouble with batteries building memory's...

Whatever you do... don't listen to anybody who works at Best Buy. About anything.

Lithium batteries don't suffer from the "memory effect." That was true of NiCads back in the early '90s.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.