good headphones...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 8x Superdrive
I'm looking for some good over the ear headphones. Well, I'm not really sure what I want...but I want good sound in the form of headphones. I don't know if in ear are better or what, but they dont seem as comfortable. I don't care how much money they are because I might just ask for them for my birthday or christmas.
If you have any experience with good quality, maybe noise-canceling headphones, please point me in the right direction :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
in ear got to be Shure they are miles better than etymotic.

over ear Beyer Dynamic or lightweight over the ears the Bose Tri-Ports

OP
icywings8
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook 2.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 8x Superdrive
Wow thanks...those bose tri-ports look very nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Alot of people knock the tri-ports because their bose...yeah yeah, typical overpriced audio equipment. But the over the ear tri-ports really are a great set of headphones! Ive had mine for about a year now and they are hands down the easiest to wear, most comfortable and lightweight set of headphones that still sound GREAT, that ive ever tried. Rich, full sound...very defined and smooth bass and sparkling highs. I went through two pairs of sennheiser's and id still buy the bose over them every time...easily sound just as good but much more comfortable. Check ebay and you should be able to find a pair for about 100 bucks shipped to you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
Sony MDRV700 here. The triports are great JerrfyLube, just not worth that price. They only sound good because they have great frequency responce, because there are 3 drives in ear can---Hence the 'tri-port'.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
The triports are great JerrfyLube, just not worth that price.

I hear this all the time and i always ask the same question...Can you name headphones for 129 bucks or less that sound as good and are as comfortable as the Tri-ports?? I shopped around alot and returned several pairs of other brands before i settled on the tri-ports. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal for the money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what are the Shure ones like then - compared to outer ear types

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
what are the Shure ones like then - compared to outer ear types

I have a set of the shure in the ear ones too and their great...but not in the same league sound quality wise as a good set of over the ears.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
I've got the Logitech Noise Cancelling Headphones, they work fine and they're not too expensive.
(And one battery lasts very long, about 40-50 hours)

Reaction score
Check out the Sennheiser Pro 280's. Not noise canceling, but far less expensive than the Bose and (unless you're a hard-core audiophile) sound just as good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
Be careful with the shure e2c's and alike in the winter, the copper can freeze and break..

Reaction score
Be careful with the shure e2c's and alike in the winter, the copper can freeze and break..

Ive heard pretty much every in-ear on the market. Stay away from the e2c's. The best in-ears for the price is definately ultimate ears super-fi 5 pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" C2D 2gRam, 8g iPhone
Henvan, do you work for JBL??? I've played with the VERTEC stuff, great toys
Anyway, I have heard a few live sound engineer's that I know who use Ultimate Ears' with their wireless packs for stage monitor's when doing bands. I need to man up and get a pair for my iPhone

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Audio Technica
these or
these

Especially if you're going to get someone else to pay for them anyway.
Previous models, so some extremely good pricing for what you are getting.
Compare the specs and read a few reviews.
These are both closed ear. Probably both at the top end of the line at their respective price points if you're looking for non-powered phones that will work with your mp3 player and computer as well as your receiver.
Audio Technica makes some great phones, and release new ones often. As soon as they do, their previous years models can be had at 30-50% off. At those price points, no one can touch 'em.

("They only sound good because they have great frequency response." ???? That's gotta be the first time I've seen someone put a great frequency response in a negative light in regard to sound reproduction.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Mac Book Pro
I have a pair of Sennheiser PX 100's and they're superb. Id reccomend them to anyone. http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/root/products_sennheiser_headphones_portable_pxseries_05206Great reproduction (i have a totally flat EQ when i use them and they sound amazing bass is tight, mids and treble are crystal clear), lightweight and they look ok too.

These PX 300's have noise cancelation but i dont know how that will affect sound quality http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/icm.nsf/root/500370 and if the PX 100's are anything to go by these should be good stuff.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel 2ghz Macbook | 80Gb Ipod
The ultimate ears .5 are supposed to be class.
For studio monitoring, recording and professional Audio work use the Beyer Dynamic Dt 100's.
For normal listening look at the Sennheise HD 25's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I use these Bose Tri-Port IN-ear units... they are fantastic, great sound quality. Since they are black.. they match my iPod Touch.

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=view_product_page_event&product=triport_ie_headphones_index

p_triportie_m_b.jpg

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I use these Bose Tri-Port IN-ear units... they are fantastic, great sound quality. Since they are black.. they match my iPod Touch.

That's what I use with my iPod also. Broke the first pair and bought some ultimate ears. Used 'em 2 days, put 'em back in the box and sold 'em to a co-worker. Bought another pair of the Tri-port's.

With the Bose, you can actually find a comfortable way to wear them while laying down with your ear on the pillow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Bought a pair of these to match my red iPod... they aren't studio quality but they're great for the money:

8ajv4nb.jpg

VMODA RED ROXX HEADPHONES

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.