mininov.org to kev and the rest of the uptights

Reaction score
Ok so you say mininova has nothing but pirated music, software blah blah blah.....so what is this? http://www.mininova.org/tor/983066 is this an illegal version of fedora ppc? OMG thats right, FEDORA is FREE, what about this is this illegal as well http://www.mininova.org/tor/979659, oh wait thats right, its opensuse...keyword OPEN, meaning open source....you guys dont even do research before you put someone down about a answer and conversation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Yep, I agree with both of those points!

I've got to say, I've seen a few eaglerly locked posts recently. Especially the one asking how to remove a watermark off an image in Photoshop. The guy didn't even get a chance to explain what he was removing it from before it was deemed illegal talk and locked.

I'm not having a go, just expressing an opinion.

OP
S
Reaction score
im just curious if the owner and admin of this domain have even seen "pirates of silicon valley" i mean that says it all right there, piracy is a way of life, always has and always will be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
im just curious if the owner and admin of this domain have even seen "pirates of silicon valley" i mean that says it all right there, piracy is a way of life, always has and always will be.

Read the forum rules, they're very clear. If you don't agree with them, you can find another forum; no one is forcing you to stay here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
your probably right, but atleast i make my point while doing it.

No, being rude is also not welcome here. That is also in the rules...you must not have read them. I suggest you do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Oh Aiming it at me are we!
Well, the rules here are clear, and though the one example you give is fine, the majority of torrents there are for "illegal" purposes.
I was just making the point at the time, that we could not discuss the subject here. I did not say I was against it in the slightest, far from it.
So, read the rules, calm down, and as Schweb said, if you don't like it, go elsewhere.

P.S. This does not make me a hypocrite.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
best thread ever!!!!!! lol

M

MacHeadCase

Yeah why don't you go where the members are less uptight? Looks like you're not very happy here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
As Schweb has said that we can discuss it then we will, and I will answer the original question then.

M

MacHeadCase

Yep, I agree with both of those points!

I've got to say, I've seen a few eaglerly locked posts recently. Especially the one asking how to remove a watermark off an image in Photoshop. The guy didn't even get a chance to explain what he was removing it from before it was deemed illegal talk and locked.

I'm not having a go, just expressing an opinion.

Yeah I'm the one that locked that thread. Sorry, but I just didn't want to see that thread go the way of so many others talking about copyright related stuff to move on the philosophical, practical, ethical, the-people's-right pros and cons of copyright infringing. I don't know how many I had seen that past week...

It gets very boring after a while.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
If you didn't want it to go that way then put a warning out: Post - "If this goes in an illegal direction I will have to close it." Its alot nicer then just locking it out of the blue.

OP
S
Reaction score
im not ticked off or anything i just thought it was kinda f'ed up that no one would answer his question becuase it had the words "mininova" in it. i was making a point to say sence he didn;t say what he was downloading or trying to get that it really shouldn;t make a difference since after all mininova also has legit downloads, as many other torrent sites, and as far as me not liking it here...its the opposite, i like this forum i have received alot help here and thank those who helped me i mean thats what this forum is for...."HELP" so yeah i think sence there was no talk of illegal downloads someone should have helped him, if i knew the answer i would have answered him.....and for aiming at kev, no harm just the first name that came to mind...lol

M

MacHeadCase

If you didn't want it to go that way then put a warning out: Post - "If this goes in an illegal direction I will have to close it." Its alot nicer then just locking it out of the blue.

Think I never did that? Think it prevented the thread from going haywire anyway? Nope.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The question in question has now been answered. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
There are plenty of threads at this forum discussing file sharing, bittorrent clients and the protocol, limewire, the guntella network, and other gnutella clients (all of which have practical legal uses). I've replied to plenty of threads telling people how to fix certain issues.

Was the closed thread specifically discussing an illegally shared file?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.