• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
I thought this was an interesting article. BTW, if this against forum rules, please delete this immediately.

~Damien

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks for the post.

The funny thing is I have tried everything I can think of and on My machines at least, don't have most of those issues. Only issues so far is folder and icon view when going back to the first folder. Sometimes the View messes up and does not change back to how I have it set. Otherwise nothing major here. Maybe some of it is machine specific.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Thanks for the info!

(why would this be against forum rules?)

OP
Thundermoon1994
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info!

(why would this be against forum rules?)

Because it discusses something that isn't public knowledge yet. It is, however, a rumor. The person writing the article does not claim to be a ADC member and therefore is not in violation of any agreement. I really didn't think it would be an issue, I just didn't want to get suspended or anything ;D.

I'm really anxious for an update. I really hope it fixes my AirPort issues.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep, have airport issue also. Have waited until some fairly extensive experimentation before blaming it on Leopard, although did not have this issue with Tiger.

Mine just drops the internet. Still connected to the router and the lan. Just no internet. Plug in the cable, and internet is back. Have also found that I can just turn Airport off and back on, the internet is back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Because it discusses something that isn't public knowledge yet. It is, however, a rumor. The person writing the article does not claim to be a ADC member and therefore is not in violation of any agreement. I really didn't think it would be an issue, I just didn't want to get suspended or anything ;D.

I'm really anxious for an update. I really hope it fixes my AirPort issues.

You are linking to an article on another site, nothing wrong with that. The difference would be if you personally were writing about something for which you are under a NDA.

OP
Thundermoon1994
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's what I figured. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
Release date? We NEED this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
Because it discusses something that isn't public knowledge yet. It is, however, a rumor.

if you ever want to make sure - just check out the forum rules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature
I really hope this is released soon and fixes my problem! Though I'd rather it be a definite fix than a hasty attempt....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i've never had a problem with an update, so I am sure it will be solid like the others, and I am sure it will fix a large number of problems with leopard, but everybody should not expect it to make leopard the perfect os, because it will still have problems which will follow with .2 and then . 3 etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I'm hoping the update addresses the networking issues personally.

Especially with Mac to Windows sharing and NAS sharing/access.

It's only the networking that has been my biggest gripe with Leopard as it stands (touch wood).

Chris :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I've had a few networking issues myself, and I hope that 10.5.1 will fix these problems. Although they cycle on and off and is not a 24 hour a day problem, but they are there.

Only time will tell, can't be that much longer before this is released if the article is true and developers are testing it now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Yeah, I've had a few networking issues myself, and I hope that 10.5.1 will fix these problems. Although they cycle on and off and is not a 24 hour a day problem, but they are there.

Just curious, what network issues have you had? You said they are intermittent. Reason I ask is so far here my my 5 macs and many PC, Networking has been fine. I am just trying to find out issues others are having.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Just curious, what network issues have you had? You said they are intermittent. Reason I ask is so far here my my 5 macs and many PC, Networking has been fine. I am just trying to find out issues others are having.

The first couple of days of using Leopard, my AirPort would lose it's connection to the internet... to get it back, I turn it off then on again. Happened about every 10 minutes... very frustrating. But it seems to have worked itself out now... no clue how but I'm not complaining!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

from time to time, I am unable to connect to my airport using my MBP, but other macs in the house are fine, it only started to happen after the Leopard install. The other computer has tiger and there are no problems, they are equi-distant from the airport. That is pretty much it. I guess it could also be something that went wrong with my mbp, but after 2 installs i don't think it was the install, i'll wait til the update to find out if its a possible hardware issue, but i am on it now.. no problems in a week or 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
went smooth here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.