Computers On Network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
How do I find the other computers on my network? I want to use their printers. Just can't see them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
How do I find the other computers on my network? I want to use their printers. Just can't see them...

Hello zyepod,

It would be much more helpful to describe a bit about your network if you need a better answer. In a general scenario, all the shared Macs / PCs can be found under /Network.

Here is a simple guide on how to connect to s shared Windows printer.

Here is another guide on how you share a USB printer attached to a Mac.

OP
zyepod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 2.6GHz i5 8GB RAM 1TB HDD OSX Yosemite
Ok here's the scenario... I have two PC's on my network not counting my macbook pro. One running XP and one running Vista. I have both of them sharing certain folders and printers. I don't see either. I thought if I went to Network it would show them. I'm running Leopard on my macbook pro. I had a macbook running tiger and could see both computers. Is someplace I can go to to tell my macbook to search for computers on this network?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.