Santa Rosa Testing

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am in the market for a laptop and I am leaning toward a Mac.

I have been trying to find some information on how the new MacBook with the Santa Rosa chipset/new graphics are performing. I assume it is to early to find such information, so I propose this question to forum.

MacBook (2.2 GHz w/2MB Mem) or MacBook Pro (15" 2.2 GHz w/2MB Mem)? Cost is certainly a consideration and I am not sure I am ready to give up the old PC!

I will be using this unit primarily for internet/email while on trips away from the office. At home, I would like to start using it for internet/email, iTunes, printing/editing family photos (light use), editing family videos (light use).

Any comments or recommendations would be appreciated. I want to be somewhat prepared before I walk into the Apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
For all the reasons you stated, the MB would suit your needs....as long as you can live with the dinky screen. I couldnt...hence the reason why i now have a MBP. The 13" screen was just too much of a strain to stare at for hours on end and the extra 2 inches of the Pros and a little higher resolution make things easier on the eyes.

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I overlooked the resolution between the two. I think I will wait a few more months and pick up the pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.